Thursday, August 16, 2007

Easily the winner in the "Most Inappropriate Comment To Make To A Child" contest

I was sitting in a cafe the other day when a mother with two young sons came in. The younger, who was maybe 1 1/2 or 2, was at that stage where running around and making random loud sounds is what a good time is all about. His mother tried shushing him once or twice, but not in any way that proved effective. Then he went over to her and presumably tried to get something out of her pocket (I didn't see exactly what happened), because she said to him, "Stay out of my pants, unless you have dollar bills."
...
I just...I can't even count the number of levels where that's so wrong.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Yikes. Yeah, that's pretty bad.

Matt said...

that is the best comment ever. i would have killed to hear that.