Thursday, August 9, 2007

The Nylons make me happy.

Lookee what I just found: The Nylons' guest appearance on the short-lived record company sitcom Throb.
Go. Watch it and come back and agree with me that this is great.
After finding this, I went on a spree, looking up other Nylons songs on YouTube. Couldn't find much actually by them, but heard plenty of a cappella groups, collegiate and otherwise, singing songs in Nylon arrangements--"Up the Ladder to the Roof," "Me And the Boys"...That last one's a curious case, because it was a song written by The Nylons (or just Paul Cooper I think) about being Nylons. So it's bizarre to hear another group cover it, especially when they get to the lines "Where we're coming from/We're born to run/We run, we run like NYLONS!"
But hey. Anything to keep the Nylon spirit going.

No comments: