Friday, March 2, 2007

Friday Round-Up

This week I met Equation Man, who asks for a piece of paper and returns with it covered in numbers. He chatted with me a bit, but nothing he said actually made sense. I mean, the sentence structures existed, it's just that the words were strung together randomly (like the ZooTV newscaster on an old U2 TV special, who said things like, "The category is athletics. Born in Czechoslovakia in 1901 with a free game card, the antibiotics arrived too late for thousands of satisfied motorists; an all-night vigil by protestors met with a year's free subscription. Call toll-free for ex-government salad sandwiches with a choice of fillings"). And now I am the proud owner of a couple of sheets of paper that look like this:
1/16 1/64 046 515 31/64
062 3/64 078 531 9/32
1/52 093 5/64 546 33/64
109 125 7/64 562 9 and 6/16
This week I also learned that Mary Beth's CB handle was "Twisted Sister."
Today we closed up shop early so we could all go to the funeral of the son of one of the people who works here. He was a young man who died suddenly after a short illness. It gave me flashbacks to last year around this time, when I was about a month into my stay at the J.F.C.C.C. House (just as I am now about a month into my time at Our Daily Bread). Then, too, a young man died suddenly after a short illness.
Keep Bouvier and his family in your thoughts and prayers, please.
Going this weekend to Ohio's interior to hang out with one of my old friends from @U2. Very thankful my car is all better.

2 comments:

Beth said...

I love the ZooTV newscaster.

Have fun in Deepest Ohio.

Anonymous said...

Three simple words for you and for Beth:

WATCH MORE TV