Monday, February 5, 2007

Hot Cocoa

It's freakishly cold in Cincinnati. I went to an ice-skating party yesterday at Fountain Square, but only stayed for a half-hour or so (maybe ten minutes of actual skating) because I lost feeling in my toes. The best part was that you could skate to one side of the rink and then just stand there; the wind would push you across without your having to exert any effort.
There was a five-gallon Igloo container full of hot cocoa there. By strange coincidence there is a five-gallon Igloo container full of hot cocoa today at Our Daily Bread. We made an executive decision to stay open later in the afternoon because, well, it's freakishly cold. So we put out the cocoa (I'm sipping a cup for quality control purposes; very high cocoa-to-hot water ratio) and put on a movie (The Mask of Zorro).
A woman asked me today if I would be her mother. I turned her down.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

now angela, why wouldn't you want to be someone's mother? what an honor!

Laurie O. said...

That was my first thought, what J. said, but then I just had to laugh at your sense of humor. Thanks for the stories!

Anonymous said...

But you'd make such a great mother... you have the wonderfully big and caring heart for it.

Love ya,
The BoNo FreAK

Anonymous said...

You write very well.